School Learning Plan
Elmonica Elementary School
Elmonica Vision: An inclusive community that strives to empower and cultivate curious minds.
Elmonica is a neighborhood school of 421 students with a Title I designation. We believe that all students learn best through inquiry-based instruction; we provide rigorous and engaging opportunities, including focusing on those who have been historically disadvantaged and underserved. The support we provide helps students meet challenging state academic standards. Collectively, Elmonica staff reviews assessment data and trends over time that indicate the need for additional support for emerging bilinguals, students with learning difficulties, and those with social-emotional needs.
For the past five years, Elmonica has been a collaborative co-teaching school. Collaborative co-teaching is the opportunity for two certified teachers to deliver instruction simultaneously in the classroom. Co-teaching supports emerging bilingual students and other academic interventions for all students.
Our highest priority is creating a safe, warm, and welcoming learning environment. To ensure that all students feel safe and welcome at our school, we consciously cultivate inclusive practices and enhance social-emotional learning in the classroom and across the school learning community.
Social Emotional Learning, also known as a student’s mental health and wellness, is supported by the teachers and a multi-disciplinary team. This includes the school counselor, school social worker, student success coach, the principal, and a community liaison/bilingual facilitator in collaboration with our families, caregivers, and the community.
District Goal: WE empower all students to achieve post-high school success.
WE Expect Excellence
- WE teach students knowledge and skills for our evolving world.
- WE seek, support, and recognize world-class employees.
- WE engage students with a variety of relevant and challenging learning experiences.
- WE create learning environments that promote student achievement.
WE Embrace Equity
- WE build honest, safe, and inclusive relationships with our diverse students and their families.
- WE provide needed support so that every student succeeds.
- WE work and learn in teams to understand student needs and improve learning outcomes.
- WE partner with our community to educate and serve students.